Sunday, April 2, 2017

March 13, 2017 Week 72 Santo Domingo

Well hello family,
Well we made a little sauna out of our spare bathroom, it worked pretty good.  Also apparently there was a robbery here close by,  I think they caught the guys, so don't worry about it.  There was a big boom outside, I thought it was just fireworks as usual.  Turns out it wasn't!!  The cops here just ride around on dirt bikes.  Swat teams and all....
I have also been working out pretty hard recently, I have some sore muscles today...  I think if you guys ever get that deck rollin, you should build a sauna out there.  Or even better, build one at grandpas house on his deck.  He would love it I'm sure.  It's also good for season veterans such as thereselves.
Anyway did some weekly planning as usual, had a pretty good week.  It has been blazing hot this week.  I have been eating these fruits called tamarindos they are super good, with a little sugar on them.  I'm starting to realize the reality of what will happen when I come home, and having to get money for college and stuff like that.  It's crazy...
I finally ran into some other missionaries who swam on swim team in high school, so we chatted about that for a while.... I miss that.
I've been reading Alma again lately.  He talks a lot about being humble and studying the scriptures, that is when you actually learn the most.  I've learned a lot about repentance on the mission here, it's mostly about wanting to follow the commandments of God.  Have we all experienced a conversion to the church?  Have we all ceased to do wickedness?  It's something everyone needs to find out for themselves I think....
Well no pictures this week
Love, Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment