Thursday, April 13, 2017

March 27, 2017 Week 74 Santo Domingo



I was kind of thinking this week about being too content with our lives.  I know sometimes we just get into a little routine, but we still need to push ourselves too do better.  Sometimes we have to push ourselves to change.  As a missionary I have come to see how happy people can be when they keep the commandments and take their families to the temple.
My legs are killing me today, we walked a whole lot today.  We walk a whole lot every day.  I did not realize it would be this much walking 18 months ago.  Honestly.  It's fine though I love it. I'm just pretty tired right now.  Any way I have been reading that book Jesus the Christ, I highly recommend it, if you want to learn more about Jesus and his ministry.
We went to some waterfalls today with some other missionaries.














Also I have had some ideas about camping, and hunting, and building a sauna at grandpas house.  Just throwing that out there, but I'm 100% focused here so you take care of that stuff.  Maybe all us boys go, set up basecamp and hike from there.  I'm used to hiking for miles a day now, so the rest of you can use the horses I guess.  Anyway... can't talk about that right now so 
We did a lot of contacting this week.   We even found this other guy that we had lost track of, so that was cool.  It was good to see him again and talk to him.  He loves music, and he speaks very fantastic english.   
The hammock is coming along, well actually it's just there right now.  It's halfway done, don't say anything mom, I'm gonna finish it I swear!  It's like a curse I guess, the Rogers' can't finish anything....
Well I guess I will talk to you next week.
Love,
Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment