Thursday, April 13, 2017

April 10, 2017 Week 76 Santo Domingo-Quito

Well it's been a busy week here. It's been a bit hard for me this week honestly.  I do keep thinking about Grandpa Ray.  We have been writing my whole mission, and I was really looking forward to visiting him in Boise and Margaret teaching me to play the piano.  Everything happens so fast I guess.  It does make you just want to spend time with your family.
Anyway in other news, the laundry lady folded my socks this week.  I loved it, because I seriously hate to fold socks!! It couldn't get any better than that! I also got transferred to Quito, Turubamba, there is a massive mountain there.  My new companion is Elder Astin and here is the view from our apartment.


So all of the Hermanas that I traveled here with are heading home this week. I guess I'll stay here and hold down the fort.  I suppose that means I have hit a milestone 18 months!!  I got really sick this week for a couple days, I had a bad fever and it was horrible.  Also, I was made district leader, super nervous about that.  We had divisions this week.  I had a good talk with another Elder who lost his Grandmother a few months ago. We contacted a lot of people, so that was pretty good.  Everything is going well.  Don't worry. I will talk to you next week.
Love Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment