Monday, November 28, 2016

November 28, 2016 Week 58 Vargas, La Colon

Well Hi Family,

All is well here in Ecuador.  Lots of stuff going on this week.  No new people to teach, but we have talked to a lot of people.  We had an activity this week, played football "soccer" at the church, which I enjoy playing and I am getting better at it, but still not super good.  Three gringos against all the natives.... hmm... let's just say our team was not the best....
I also had to renew my visa so I got to see the whole group that I came in with, because of course they were renewing as well. We chatted a bit, it was nice to see them all.  
Hey ask Grandma how to make refried beans taste better, I'm tired of making burritos with just these refried beans, maybe we just need some ground beef and sour cream.  I'm not sure that even exists here.  I'll check.
Happy Thanksgiving!! No one even mentioned it here of course.  I found some sweet potatoes to make.  We don't have an oven, so I boiled them..  worst idea ever... I had to throw them out, they were terrible.
Oh I got the Christmas package, thanks so much.  I love the smell of the pine forest!!! I miss that smell... I'm glad Santa did not forget me, even though I am in Ecuador.


 
Talk to you next week
Love Elder Rogers


No comments:

Post a Comment