Tuesday, November 15, 2016

November 14, 2016 Week 56 Vargas, La Colon

Hey Mom,

How was your week?  We had a good one here!! We went all the way to the top of teleferico today!! It took a couple hours just to hike, and we saw some other Americans at the top!

We met some really awesome people, and they are pretty excited about what we are teaching, so that is just great!!  We talked to about 30 people in one day.  It's been pretty hard in this sector.. not gonna lie... so this was a big deal.
We took our blankets to the washing rock today, they are super heavy when they are wet.  It was horrible.... Super exciting morning.  Had some oatmeal.
The shoes I brought from home are pretty terrible, that guy at the shoe store was a liar.  He doesn't know what it takes to walk everyday all day.  Elder Shaeper actually left a pretty decent pair that I have worn completely out too.  So that has been a problem... note to self..... or your other missionary children.
We did a service project this week also, it was pretty good.  We were helping move this whole house, including fridge, stove, washer, and other big stuff.  They don't pack it in their truck the way Gramps says to.
I went on divisions with Elder Taylor, which was good. Also had zone meetings, we had to present.
Buttermilk pancake fail!!  I did not have all the ingredients, really didn't think they were that important.  maybe they are??? Cooking is an adventure here.  I'm kind of sick of rice truthfully.... Trying to make something without rice...  Honestly I think cooking in the states is easier, mostly because mom did it all, and I just went upstairs and ate it.. or dads pancakes I ate those too... they seemed fine, easy to make.... hmmmm.......  and camping food was always good, what's wrong here??
It has been raining still here, I need a new umbrella for sure.  Rivers in the streets....
Well I guess I will talk to you next week
Love Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment