Monday, August 1, 2016

August 1, 2016 Week 41 Oriente Quiteno

HEY MOM!!!!! 
Well as you have guessed...yeah we had changes. I actually did pack most of my things in my bags....although not everything fit....It was still a nightmare but...So now I am in Vargas. It is in La Colon. It's where President is. Well almost. It is really close to his house. Not super close but closer. I am a little scared hahahaahhaha. Why would they move me here? Oh well. 
So I was studying the scriptures this week....like every other week...but I found a really great scripture in Isaias 55:8-9 which says 
 ¶For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my wayssaith the Lord.
 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Well I was reading your email mom and I feel really sad for the tragedies. It's very sad but, I was reading this scripture and it really hit me. I found this to tell my investigadors about the Book of Mormon and how God always has a plan, but I think it applies to this as well. I know that alot of people focus on their own understanding or their own thoughts but I really like what the Lord says. He knows that he is smart and everything he does is for a reason. It wouldn't make sense if the things of God were not of Order would it? I really don't think so. I know that we want to make up reasonings for every little thing but the ways of the Lord are on a different plane than we are. Everything he does is of a higher understanding. Everything he does is for our benefit and we may never understand why he does what he does. We can try to understand but we will never reach this plane of understanding until we are perfect in Heaven...how do you spell cielos? Well anyways I know that the Lord does everything according to his will and everything he does is for our benefit. Even though we do not understand. We don't need to understand. I have found a lot of people here in Ecuador that say, "Well we don't need Prophets in this day" Or "Well God will never give us another book" Well I really believe that if God wants to give us another book or 3 others or 5 others. I feel like we should accept these books becuase the Lord knows what is best for us. Also with what is happening at home I think the same. We need to be humble in order to really understand why these things are happening. Sometimes through humbleness we may find the mysteries of God. Especially if we look for them. But we also need to remember that our thoughts are not on the same level as the thoughts of God. I love you guys and hope you are all doing well.
Love Elder Rogers

This is my new Companion Elder Gil from Peru.


No comments:

Post a Comment