Tuesday, March 29, 2016

March 28, 2016 Week 23 Riobamba/Solanda

HEY MOM,
Well this week was interesting. I guess I will start withTuesday, we taught our investigators like we always do and I was desperately waiting for changes which were yesterday. Well I don't remember too much because then on Wednesday night I started to have really bad pains in my upper stomach area. Well every time this happens it gets worse. So this time I was seriously about to die and it hurt from 2am to 7am and it wouldn't stop. Well I called the enfermeras and told them what was going on and they just said that I had parasites. Well I don't think I have those so I didn't even bother taking the test and we just continued working. I couldn't go to the Zone reunion on Thursday morning but I tried to work after that. Well now whenever this thing happens I can't really walk too much and it kinda sucks. 

Well then on Friday we kept on working and teaching everybody that we had. I don't remember too much from this week because I was really excited about my voice recorder and everything and also I was waiting for changes. Well then on Saturday we did this thing called the Mini CCM which is just a little activity....well it is a big thing. So we got a bunch of the young people and we basically taught them for an hour at the church of Los Alamos. We then left at about 12 to go and teach people. Well I left with 3 jovenes de la iglesia y nos fuimos a ensenar algunos conversos y investigadores. Bueno so I left with 3 guys and my companion left with a few guys and we went to show the young kids how to teach. It was a really good experience for me because I got to show the kids how to teach people and they also bore their testimonies alot and they really helped me out. 
I don't have any pictures cause....I forgot.....sorry mom....next week? 

Anyways so that was really fun and at the end of that we had our baptisms. Well we baptized Hermano Fernando and Hermana Mirian. They are the best people and they are super humble and always want to give us a bunch of stuff, but we tell them not to. That was a good Saturday. Then on Sunday morning my thing came back and I started puking cause it hurt so much. Well we called the enfermeras and they said that we needed to go to the hospital right now. We live about 5 hours away from said hospital. Well hermana Gomez offered to take me to the terminal to leave for Quito. We get in their car and they just drove us all the way to Quito.  I don't know the address of the family Gomez but I told Elder Pesantes to give them my email.  I hope someday I will see them again. The hermana enfermeras are ....they don't know how to do anything so I spent about 6 hours in the hospital and they stabbed me in like 5 different places trying to take blood. At the end of it all they said that I was fine but they were going to give me something for the pain in my upper area. They just left and I still don't know why I have really bad pains in my upper stomach area. The next time this thing starts to hurt I think I am going to die.  

Then on the way home we got changes and I am now in Quito Solanda. Well my companion stayed over there and I left. There have been missionaries here but not for a long time. I don't know how long ago but we are here now so that is cool..I was really excited to leave to explore. I can't explain Quito it is freaking massive. But I am in the south part...if that helps. It's called Solanda. it's cool. It is raining a crap load here. We are opening the sector which means we don't know anybody and we don't know where we are...it's going to be a great experience. I am with Elder Bradshaw...I don't know if you remember him but we are here together. He is sick a lot because he is dying and has parasites. He is from California and he is awesome. I knew him from when I was in Riobamba.  
I'm fine now but the doctors don't know anything. Well I am in bad shape I guess. But I am ready to get back to work because I feel a little better. 

I am super happy and the owner of our new house has a washing machine and he says we can use it whenever. I really think I am going to love this place. I just can't wait to wash my clothes in a washing machine.  So this week was really interesting. 
Love Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment