Friday, March 11, 2016

March 7, 2016 Week 20 Riobamba

Hey mom,


I read both your emails don't worry but I am only going to respond to this one. Well this week was a good one and we did a lot of stuff. So everyday we have appointments fall through but we have just started to contact a lot more people. We figured that we need more people...so we started to contact a lot more. I have gotten pretty good at it actually. So we found some good people, but the majority of the people don't like to listen to us. 

Well on Monday we had pday and then had appointments in the night time. Then Tuesday we had some more appointments and they are awesome because we are beginning to teach really good. Also I can really feel good when teaching now. We are hungry sometimes but then we are always given food when we go to someones house. It is really nice. We were doing good but we wanted to do better so on Saturday night we prayed to find a new family that we could teach. So we got up and felt like we needed to go to the church a little bit earlier. So we went to pick up Fernando who is the guy we are teaching how to read and write. So we took him in a taxi and got to the church. There was a bunch of Senisas on the ground. The senisas are from the Volcano, yeah it is still erupting. So the volcano thing is still a little scary but that's fine. So there was a family waiting outside the church and they asked us what time the church started. Well I was just like it starts at 9 so we still had like 40 minutes until it started. They told us that they would be back so I was like oh yeah alright whatever. Cause people are always like I will be back in 30 minutes or so but they never show up. So I didn't have a lot of confidence in them. I guess that was a problem hahaha. But they actually came to church and loved it. Then later that night we went and taught them, and we are going to teach them tonight. Also they loved everything we said and they really want to change their lives. The only problem that they have is that they told us they want to remember and understand everything that we teach. So we just assured them that we are going to teach them and they will understand. Well it was a really good experience and I enjoyed it.

I wouldn't mind going to a sports banquet right now. I miss real food, all I eat is bread...rice...chicken...I am scared of this food.  There is not too much old architecture here. Only in a few places. Like Guano. Which is not my sector. I could stay here for longer but we don't know really. Also I am really tired. We never get to rest. But you know me mom. I always complain about stuff. It is fun and everything but just super hard.Really it's the hardest thing I have ever done. And it's not going to get easier.

Is the white car still running? Is the green truch fixed? I wouldnt be surprised if you said no...

Lately I have been a little sad and I don't know why.  Maybe I am dying. Or my emotions are exploding.  This is hard. Also mom if you guys can send me some more photos and a phot album in my net package that would be awesome. I am thinking a photo album of a bunch of stuff.  Maybe my hunting trips, fishing trips, everything I don't know.  But I haven't gotten another package but I am still waiting.  I love you guys and I can buy oreos here so tell Marcus not to worry.

Love Elder Rogers

The familia Gomez
They are the closest people I can find who are like granny and Gramps. It is hard sometimes because I miss everyone still. Somebody told me I wouldnt miss my family after the first few weeks. Liars...

Oh crap...I dont have anymore pictures....sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment