Wednesday, July 19, 2017

July 3, 2017 Week 88 Quito, Manantial

Well another week of training going on here.  No photos so sorry about that.  Also we had verifications this week, saying goodbye to President Christensen and Sister Christensen.  It was great to be able to say a real goodbye.  Sister Christensen did take a few photos, she always does at these meetings.  She is really good with that.  President spoke a bit and said some really cool things, he said we would never lose touch, because we are all brothers in the work and such.  Also about the stone being cut from the mountain, the work goes on, even though they are leaving. I have very high regard for President, he has taught me many things and I strive to be like him.  He is very dedicated to the work, I hope to be like that some day also.  I want to be of service to the Lord all my life, just like he has been.  He's just been a fantastic mission president.  Probably one of the greatest examples I have ever seen in my life.  The perfect example of magnifying your calling.  I got to see Elder Syndergaard and talk to him quite a bit at the meeting, and he is also training.  So it was great to see him and hear how he is doing.  Also President was giving away all his stuff, I got some great shoe laces.  Which was good because I needed new ones.  It was kind of sad to see them give away all their stuff that they don't need any more.



We had divisions also this week.  We had a little service, and helped some Hermanas move into a different house.  Our darn baptisms got moved to next week again.  It's a bit of a bummer, but that's ok.
I'm starting to wonder if these clothes are going to last the rest of my time here.  It's starting to get a little iffy.....
Tomorrow is the 4th of July Happy America!!  I like how lunch here is like only 2 dollars, it's a great deal. Had some meetings....



The old zone leader Elder Cox wrote to me, it was great to hear from him...  So I guess that is all for this week.  Later
Love, Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment