Wednesday, October 19, 2016

October 17, 2016 week 52 Vargas, La Colon

So today we were shopping at this one place, where apparently everything is stolen.  So some weird guy was trying to sell us a cell phone.  He was really sketchy and nervous looking, and I was like "Dude, calm down"  He wanted me to pay him money for this really cool sony cell phone, and then he was like how about you trade me your phone for this one, but he didn't like our phone cause it is crappy, and I'm pretty sure his phone was stolen, so we were like no way man.  Anyway crazy day!  We found a forest today, while looking for tarantulas.  Here are some pictures it was way cool, and I really want to go camping..... but I can't...


 
I don't know what kind of trees these are, but they are pretty cool.

We meet some interesting people this week, the son invited us in to talk.  He said he loves to hear about Jesus, so we were like cool.  Then his mom came in, and she was like Oh it's these people...They were nice, but I don't think we will be back there.  
We had a mini conference today, which was pretty good.   Then it rained all day Wednesday, and the power went out.  So we couldn't cook or anything.  I was thinking of making sheepherder taters for dinner too, but we are also out of garlic powder.  
Well The work is moving forward in Quito Ecuador.
Love Elder Rogers


No comments:

Post a Comment