Thursday, September 15, 2016

September 12, 2016 Week 47 Vargas, La Colon

We had a pretty good week.  I was sick a few days though, it about killed me.  I haven't slept in two days.  I have been staying away from spicy foods and everything. Maybe everyone just gets sick here.  I feel like I've been sick the whole time.  The baptism was real good.  A nine year old boy in our area, his dad baptized him, so it was real good.  They are a nice family.
 I took some photos on the bus for you.


Also my satchel bag is getting holes in it, so I may want one of those for Christmas, and maybe a galaxy s7 hahaha.   Or maybe have Kollin send me a bull whip.  I did order those shoes I told you about, they should be coming soon.  Maybe all these ruined shoes just mean i've been working way too hard hahaha or they are just terrible shoes.
I'm going to be sad to see Elder Hansen go, he is from Wyoming too, I may never see anyone from Wyoming again.  We have a good time making jokes about Wyoming.
I feel like we have been working super hard in this area, but not a lot of progress is happening.  We just have to keep trying hard.  It brings to mind the story Gordon B. Hinckley tells about when he was  not having a lot of success and his dad just told him to forget himself and go to work.  So that's what we have to do.  Just talking to people, even though they sometimes try and hide from us.  I was thinking about my days at the MTC and how they really helped me get rid of a lot of my social fears there.  They just kind of throw you into it.  I'd like to go back there and maybe work there.  It's a really good place, with a lot of good feelings there.
So I guess the biggest news is that starting Wednesday, I'll be training a new missionary!  What the heck, I'm a new missionary, how can I be training?  I'm just going to have to do a really good job and help my companion a lot.  I'm a little nervous. I mean I'm excited but also nervous.  I mean it's probably gonna be the longest six weeks of his life and the shortest six weeks of mine!  He'll probably be American which means I'll be speaking spanish to all the investigators all alone, I mean I can't speak spanish I just do though but really geez..... what the heck...... maybe he was just joking, I guess we will see Wednesday. Love you guys
Love Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment