Tuesday, July 19, 2016

July 18, 2016 Week 39 Oriente Quiteno



Sorry about last week with the computers, but jeez mom back in the day they only had hand written letters and no photos like ever.  So you're pretty spoiled really.  We hiked back up the teleferico, it was pretty hot and a long day of riding busses and hiking.
So this week we went to a different computer place. These computers actually work, they are not full of viruses and the usb ports really work!
Another Earthquake, it felt pretty big, not as big as the first one back in Feb, but still pretty big! They just keep happening.  It's not like Wyoming for sure.
It's super windy here lately.  I am getting my clothes shrunk down today, I'm really impressed with the way the Ecuadorian people can sew stuff, they are professionals.
I was looking back at some of my pictures from the MTC, those were good times, I enjoyed it there, especially the food.  I'm getting a little sick of rice here, to be honest.
I know I don't write a lot of spiritual things, but I have had a lot of experiences here that have been real good for me.  We have had a lot of good lessons, and felt a lot of love for the people. I know you can't see it, but it's happening. I do love being a missionary and teaching people.  I mean we have ups and downs here too, it's life.  It's been a fantastic experience so far.  We just keep trying to work as hard as we can.  The success we have on our missions don't just include baptisms, we have to try and help strength the members and try and help them as much as we can.
There are a ton of hills in this sector, I am getting really good at walking up hill all day. I never thought I'd wear out shoes, but I have.

Here's me and Elder Adams


Here's my thinking acorn and a sea shell.
Love you guys, Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment