Monday, February 6, 2017

January 30, 2017 Week 67 Santo Domingo

Hello Family,
Sorry for the short emails this week, I had to spend a little time on a college application.  I had to write some essays, it almost killed me for sure...  I wrote real ones this time.  It's really hard to decide what to do, you know.  There are so many things I am interested in.  Gun smithing, hammock making, chemical engineering.  Ya know.  I can't really think about that now, because I do have a lot of work still to do here.  Anyway we contacted today, no one really wanted to talk to us, so it was kind of sad today.  No pictures this week either...  We are heading to Ambato for meetings this week.  That means a pretty long bus ride.  I am excited to go there though,  It will be super cool.
There is a lot of agriculture in this area.  Lots of people ride motorcycles or 4 wheelers.  I like the area a lot.  People start fires in the middle of the street a lot around here, and there is a bakery on every corner.  It's pretty noisy and there are many bugs, including cockroaches and mosquitos.  Also many of the men walk around with no shirts on.
We met a lady today, and she just started talking English to us.  It was so strange to just start talking to someone and then all of the sudden they start speaking English.  Turns out they are missionaries of some sort.  It was interesting.  Anyway the world needs more people trying to help each other, so it's nice.  Well I guess that sums up the week.
Love Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment