Wednesday, May 4, 2016

May 2, 2016 Week 28 Solanda

Hey Mom,
Here's the view from our apartment.

Sounds like you guys are having a really fun time, We had a pretty good week as well. We are just trying to find people to baptize. Also we have been helping a few people with services and what not. I got a little sick again so I don't remember too much but I think we did well. I have just had a cold or whatever it is here. They call it gripe but also something like gripe has been going around that has killed like 7 people or something...gotta be careful hahahaha. I accidentally fell asleep a couple times in the middle of the day.
I still haven't gotten any packages...sorry I don't know what is up with the mail system. I guess it has to go a long ways hahahaha.  Elder Barton is leaving soon so I haven't been able to think about too much more than my family. I am doing good though. We are just trying to focus as much as we can.
Also I wanted to say that I am not chastising you guys mom, I am simply saying that we gotta try harder as a whole. Myself included sheesh. I don't know if you guys understand that all we do every single day is worry about the salvation of others. We rarely every think about other things. We always are trying to progress people towards God. After worrying about other families all the time I thought it was time for me to worry about my own family. This earthquake thing could kill us at any time and I just want to return to God with every single member of my family. That is all. Love you guys
Oh and btw in Ecuador, and probably in Latin America, they use Machete instead of chastising. So they are always like, hey don't machete us. It's kinda weird but I would never machete my parents sheesh mom hahahaha. Love you guys
We are skyping with Hno Chavez who lives in the same apartment building as us. He actually owns it. I can't talk to la familia Gomez because they are in Riobamba and we can't email members...just family....



Well Monday, we had a zone activity, it was real fun.  We played a lot of football "soccer" I was the goalie and I tried real hard that first game it almost killed me.  I mean the latinos are really good their feet are fast, even the ones that are bad are better than me. I did good though. Then we played some volleyball as well. Lots of running I'm super tired.  Then we went and ate some steaks. I mean they aren't steaks but more like really really flat hamburgers... and rice more rice....  I need to make some Horchata I need the recipe.  
We are going to make sheepherder potatoes like gramps does camping, potatoes are super cheap here, but they are super small, not like Idaho potatoes for sure!  I miss Idaho potatoes... 
We found some new families this week, lessons are going pretty good.  No earthquakes this week, I have been here more than a month and it only feels like one week.  This change with Elder Barton has really flown by.  We had a lot of people at church Sunday, it was great.  I totally forgot about Skype these last few weeks, I have been focusing really hard here, you know me.  Anyway I can't wait to talk to you guys Sunday!!
Hasta Luego
Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment