Thursday, November 12, 2015

Oct 28, 2015 week 1 MTC

October 28, 2015

Anyways so the first few seconds of us being at the MTC I went and got my class stuff and then we went to class. My companion for the next 5 weeks is Elder Farley from Bountiful Utah, he doesn't talk much. I am the one who does most of the talking and stuff. My teacher has only spoken to us in spanish and even when we first got here she was speaking to us in spanish, there is no english during class except when nobody knows how to speak spanish...which is all the time. The second day we got here we taught a lesson in Spanish and it was really hard because I have no idea how to prepare a lesson in English but now we are doing it in spanish. The first lesson went really bad. Our next lesson went better. but then our lesson yesterday didn't go so well. It is really hard for me. 
Everything from high school came back to me in the first few days and then when we taught this investigator I really thought he was speaking English to me but I guess it was spanish according to Elder Farley. So I know that God really wants us to teach because he makes spanish sound like english. I am doing laundry right now so it is boring... 
I have had a few meetings with my mission president and we just talk about our families and how homesick we are. I don't know if I will ever stop being home sick but who knows. As of right now I am still homesick. Everyday we wake up at 6:30 and start our day, A lot of our day is classroom time and lesson planning time. We have taught about 6 lessons. The food here is alright even though everybody else you talk to hate it for some reason. Maybe they just don't want to be fed.  
I have these other two missionaries in my Room who are so awesome they are Elder Duron and Elder Carson. They are so cool and have helped me through this last week. Every day feels like a whole week but now that it has been 7 days I feel like it has only been a few hours. Yo se que el libro de mormon es verdad porque Jesucristo restaurado mediante la profeta Jose Smith en el nombre de Jesucristo Amen. I am still working on the spanish but I think I will get it. I hope I get enough time to email everybody back but you might just need to tell them how I am doing.



 Thanks mom, I miss you guys a lot but I am excited to be helping people. Pretty much all that happens here is learning how to love people. It is the main goal of the mtc. Sure they teach you other stuff but they really just want you to learn to love the people you meet, no matter who they are. It really is an amazing thing. 
Love Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment