Thursday, January 5, 2017

January 2, 2017 Week 63 Santo Domingo

Hey family,
We had a really good week this week.  The baptism was great.
We just got back giving a blessing to a member at the hospital.  It was nice.  There is this really nice guy that we went with lunch with, he is member and he works really hard to help the missionaries.  He goes at all day just talking to people and inviting them to hear a message about our church.  He helps us find people to teach.
I tried to make some lemonade, it was a fail, turned out really gross.  I ate the last potato and rations are running dangerously low!!  I have also decided to buy a hammock, I'd like to hang it up here at the house, but I haven't decided where.
I am preparing a talk for a meeting tomorrow about contacting people, so I better get on that.
It is still super humid here.... It's killing me.
I did sleep through another earthquake.  Oh well the house was still standing. We also slept through New Years, not a big deal.  We live in this apartment type place that is 6 floors high.  The bottom floor seems to be some kind of church, and the top floor is a discotechia.  So it is pretty weird...
We also had an activity this week, played some games, got super sunburnt oops.  It was lots of fun.  Ya know last year was officially a full year that I spent in Ecuador.. just throwing that out there.  Hold your applause till the end please....
Talk to you next week
Love, Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment