Monday, December 28, 2015

December 28, 2015 Week 10 Riobamba

So that was really fun to be able to skype you guys. I really miss everybody. As fun as living in a different country is I sometimes would prefer being home but I guess a mission wasn't supposed to be easy. Maybe some day I will not want to go home but for the past 2 and a half months I have been homesick.  I guess I didn't really know what to expect. The real world is worse than I thought and especially being around people that you do not know. I am still having a hard time to adjusting to everything. 

At this point in time I would much rather be in Wyoming than anywhere else. I miss Wyoming but there is still adventure to be had here.

I love teaching people and helping them get closer to God but it is still hard. I have been reading those Christ books we got and they are really great actually. I have been studying a lot and trying to focus on missionary work but it is still hard when you have free time. When you have a few minutes and you start to think about your house then it makes me want to go home. Maybe someday I wont feel like that but I have always loved home so I might never not want to go home. 

Anyways so this week was awesome and the baptism was awesome. The water was freezing because the church had no propane.....I will send pictures. 


We just got done playing a bunch of FĂștbol at this really weird park. There is this massive park that is in a canyon, I got some pictures I will send. 
It is super sunny here and I got sunburnt. We also cooked some food today in the canyon thing. We had a terrible time getting it started. (They dont have flint and steel here) But we finally got some charcoal (just black wood) and got it started. We cooked some hotdogs and burgers but the meat here is weird. I hope I don't die...then we just played a bunch of games as a zone...I forgot to get a picture....whoops. I am practicing my soccer skills so me and munch can play together later.



Ummm I dont really know what else has happened. We had 0 investigators show up for church on Sunday...Kind of disappointing because that is kind of our main thing. I guess they just dont want to go. I bought some yogurt and milk the other day. The yogurt is like water here and it all comes in bags, the same as the milk. I have been studying a lot. Reading a lot and stuff.   

So yesterday after church we went home to change into our short sleeve clothes because it was super hot. We were going to study and eat a snack before our lunch appointment at 2:30. All of a sudden! When we didnt think we would be busy that day! WE got a call from another missionary saying that this guy went to their church and he is in our sector....So of course we call this guy and ask him what time we could visit. He said that he had been here in Riobamba for a few days and all he owned was a bed to sleep on. So we got him some Coke a cola and went to his little house that he has. All he had was a bed and a pamphlet that some sister missionaries in Santo Domingo had given him. I guess he has gone to church twice in Santo Domingo and once here. He just barely moved here. All he has are some clothes, a bed, and the lesson one pamphelt. I thought it was super cool because he thought it would be important to bring the pamphlet? I thought it was really weird. And all he has been taught is lesson 1 but he goes to church every week. So we taught him lesson 3 and gave him a book of Mormon. Oh and he says he is Catholic. He took the Book of Mormon and was really really interested in it.  I don't even know his name....He's awesome though. He just doesn't know when he is ready for baptism. He was asking if there are qualifications for it and were just like...well kind of but you already qualify 100 por ciento. He is worried about if he is ready for it. But I am sure he is ready for it. Anyways so he is super cool and really wants to get baptized so we are going to Baptize him next week. I gotta go!  Here's a couple Christmas photos.
Love you guys
Love Elder Rogers


No comments:

Post a Comment