Monday, December 14, 2015

December 14, 2015 Week 8 Riobamba

Hey mom,
We usually just teach people all day everyday but then on Friday we traveled to Quito on a bus for 5 hours and then we went to Presidents house and had a dinner thing and played some games, I asked Sister Christensen to tag you in some photos for your enjoyment. Then that night we went all the way home and just went to church yesterday. 

It is fun here but it is nothing like home and I just want to go home but everybody says to wait a month and then I wont want to go home anymore. It is really hard. I am having kind of a hard time with spanish because I still cant understand anybody and it is really frustrating and I just dont want to have to deal with this. 

We dont do a lot of cooking because we just buy the cheap food here. 
They have some restaurants. They dont really have houses here unless the people are rich. We have a laundromat here so we just do our laundry there. There is mostly just little food hut things that we eat at. We went to this area in the mountains where the Quichuas live and it was funny because they are indian people. It is super fun doing what you want to do. I am stressing a lot about the people never responding after we talk to them. They never answer their phones and it is really hard for me. I am baptizing a 21 year old lady on the 26th of this month so that will be fun. 

Anyways I like it here but get homesick a lot. There is no snow here and it just feels like summer. I might buy a suit.. I hope everything is going really great there mom. This place is scary and theres a lot of stuff that goes on. I am trying to send pictures but this computer is dumb. 

I love hearing about home because Ecuador is crazy. 
Love Elder Rogers


No comments:

Post a Comment