Tuesday, February 16, 2016

February 15, 2016 Week 17 Riobamba

Alright mom I am gonna try and recap what has happened. I hate this...its hard to type everything...Anyways here I go. So on Monday night I started to feel sick again and my head hurt really bad and it hasn't really stopped hurting this whole week but that's whatever. I also think I have parasites but I think now I am going to lose a lot of weight because I am not going to eat for a few days because my stomach hurts.  My pants are getting a little too big. I hope that isn't a problem. I didn't see this coming. 
The parasites I don't think will kill me...but we have been eating in some pretty scary situations. Anyways that doesn't matter, probably shouldn't have said anything but oh well. 
Anyways Elder Schaper lives in Arizona and goes home in 7 days so....that is really exciting for him. Also no packages yet...
I had to yell at some of the dogs that try and kill us. I almost had to kill one with a hoe the other day. He was running after me and I was like "Oh check this out this guys gonna get it" but then his owner called him back before I could swing at him. 
I always drink out of my filter bottle but definitely not enough water that's for sure. Mostly cause it tastes weird and I don't like it. I should probably quit taking Ibuprofen but good thing it is too expensive here so once I run out I will be too broke to buy more. I just get sick a lot for some reason. Maybe I should start working out or something...no terrrible idea. Theres a lot of pregnant people here too. ummm what else...I forget a lot of stuff because so much happens every single day. I always forget to write my questions down. I did start a notebook where I write all of my expenses down on though. I gotta keep track of money and what not.
Anyways then on Tuesday we just worked like normal and had some good lessons and what not then Wednesday we also did normal stuff and I felt a little sick. Then on Thursday we prepared ourselves for the travel so we got up and studied a bit then I packed and we got on our way. 

We had to wait in Quitumbe for like 2 hours but that was fine. Then we arrived in Quito and we had to take this public bus called the Ecovia and the problem with that is that everybody and their dog rides that. SO you literally can't move while you are on it and people are packed in there like Sardines. People are squished everywhere and it sucks. So we took that to the offices and I always think I am going to get to buy scripture cases but I couldn't get them this trip. I might just have to pick some scripture cases up in 20 months right before I leave to go home....Anyways so then we actually got to travel into the Quito North mission and stay with other missionaries. It was really cool because that mission has so much stuff and the freaking zone leaders have washing machines there!!  The only person in this whole mission who has a washing machine is President Christensen. Nobody else. So the guys up there are super rich and have everything. I'm jealous.


Anyways so we stayed there which was pretty cool. In the morning we got up but their shower was broken and only had freezing water. I am serious I felt like I was back in the mountains. I am glad I practiced showering in the river, because I was used to it even though my body went numb. Anyways so after that we headed back into our mission and went to the church. 
Elder Holland came and spoke, so we shook his hand and sat inside the Chapel en la colon capilla. ...anyways to save you the pain he taught us about the book of mormon and said that we don't use it enough and after he just said I love you guys and then it was over.  He had a lot of good points though. We musn't take this work too lightly and stuff. 
So after that we went to subway and drove home. We got home at like 10:30 and I had to give a talk in church the next day. We got a call at like 11 asking if we could give this talk so I didn't prepare anything. I went up there and winged it like I do but I think it went ok. It was like 5 minutes long and it was about repentance and La historia de Enos. So as you would expect it wasn't too great and I just wanted to get it over with because I hate talks. So after church we just ate some food.
Now it is Monday again and I opened my Valentines cards and everything. Thanks for all those cards by the way mom. I know I said I was never going to use them or anything but I love them so...sorry for not wanting to take them... Anyways mom what else is going on? I forgot to say happy birthday to Clayton but I said it to Christian last week. My hands really hurt from typing a lot. Oh and also I have been learning a lot in my personal study about Christs life and all that. I forgot to put a spiritual part in here but we were basically traveling a lot this week and my head is killing me so I forgot. It is fun but it is really hard sometimes. We are trying our best though. 
Love you guys
Here's a picture of my foot I know you like it when I send these

No comments:

Post a Comment